Germany - Third Reich: Kriegsmarine Auxiliary Cruiser Badge, mid-late war zinc form of one-piece construction, with needle pin, reverse bearing makers mark ‘FO’ for Friedrich Orth of Wien (Vienna).
Condition: gilt wash to wreath now faded, Good Very Fine.
The Auxiliary Cruiser Badge awarded to officers and men of the Kriegsmarine for service on Auxiliary Cruisers or the supply ships that supported them for a successful large voyage. The award was instituted on 24 April, 1941 by Grand Admiral Erich Raeder. During the Second World War mainly the U-Boats, but also other ships needed to be supplied at sea to continue their patrol with minimum time lost on refuelling and supply.