Auxiliary Territorial Service Brooch Badge attributed to an S.G. Winn No.W/280500, gold and enamels, .375 9 carat gold mark, with Birmingham date letter ’S’ for 1942, and “J.W.B” jewellers initials for James William Benson of London. Reverse additionally engraved: ’S.G. WINN. W/280500’, this identifying the owners name and service number.
Condition: very slight enamel loss,
The Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) was the women's branch of the British Army during the Second World War. It was formed on 9th September 1938, initially as a women's voluntary service, and existed until 1st February 1949, when it was merged into the Women’s Royal Army Corps